VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE:
*Coordinator, Spring Ridge Commons Oct 2010 to Dec 2012; Oct 2014 to Present
– work with people and coordinate supplies for the benefit of the community urban food forest / permaculture garden
– coordinates activities at Spring Ridge Commons with elementary school kids, day camp kids, university students, Greater Victoria Green Team, etc.
– co-ordinates special events at Spring Ridge Commons (Global Earth Day Event, Garden Ceremony)
– arranges for delivery of wood chips and leaf mulch from City of Victoria Parks and Tree Service Companies
– co-hosted and currently provide assistance to the weekly Sunday afternoon Bee in the Garden with Sean Newton
* Steward, Spring Ridge Commons Oct 2010 to Dec 2012; Oct 2014 to Present
– does hands-on work at Spring Ridge Commons to maintain the garden (path building, sheet-mulching, weeding, general tidying, etc.)
* Administrator, Spring Ridge Commons Arts Collective (SRCAC) Nov 2015 to Present
– works with others to bring arts to Spring Ridge Commons. Current and past projects or initiatives of SRCAC at Spring Ridge Commons include the Herb Spiral, Crack in the Armour Statue, Painted Telephone Pole, Central Gathering Area, Painted Wood Benches, The Community Mural Project, Seasonal Arts & Crafts Morning for Women + A Fundraising Sale of Arts & Crafts for Spring Ridge Commons and Bee in the Garden. For more info: http://springridge.rd123.ca/?page_id=2187
* Oneness Wednesdays Coordinator, Church of Truth, Community of Conscious Living, Jan 2008 to Dec 2012; Sept 2015 to Present
– co-ordinates a free or by donation Wednesday evening meditation/reflective program with Pat Miller and others from Sept. to June each year. The program topics vary each month and have included: Equinox / Solstice Celebrations, Compassionate Communication, Spiritual Circle, Restorative Justice, Resilience, Death Cafe, Truth and Reconciliation and Beyond, Follow Your Joy, Quiet Practice (More info: http://cotvictoria.ca/oneness/)
– collaborates with others to organize special events at the Church of Truth
—Joyfully & Consciously Stepping into the New Year (Dec 31, 2015)
— The Joyful Heart- Centred Community New Year’s Eve Celebration (Dec 31, 2014)
* ENews , Church of Truth, Community of Conscious Living Sept 2015 to Present
– Sends out a weekly ENew for our church community informing people about the upcoming Sunday Service, Oneness Wednesdays, Events at the church and other events and happening within our church community.
Coordinator, Collective Kitchen James Bay Community Project Feb 2015 to June 2015
– Co-ordinated a twice a month Collective Kitchen with Lou Hammond where we focussed on preparing vegan gluten-free healthy meals with up to 5 people using organic and locally grown ingredients as much as possible.
* Coordinator, VIVA-Raw 2007 to June 2013
– coordinated VIVA-Raw, a group dedicated to the education and promotion of a healthy, raw, unprocessed plant based diet.
– worked with a team to co-organize monthly potlucks with guest presenters plus hosted a number of raw food educational events with Victoria Boutenko, Sergei and Valya Boutenko, Clive Langton, Tim Van Orden, Douglas Graham and others.
* B.A. (Economics), University of Victoria, May 1979
* Food Safe Refresher, Open School BC, (#397396 – Valid until Dec 31, 2019), January 2015
* Raw Chef Certification, RawRose Culinary Arts Program, October 2009
* Computer: Word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (Excel), database management, on-line presentations (PowerPoint), web site maintenance (WordPress), on-line email newsletter (MailChimp), internet searches (Google), on-line Community Page/ Bulletin Board/Public Groups (Facebook)
* Office Equipment: Photocopiers, fax machines, and general office equipment
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS:
* Gardening, preparing vegan food, zen doodling, playing soprano / tenor recorders and digital piano, singing (High Noon Choir), qi gong, yoga, walking, being in nature, sustainability, spirituality
BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND EQUIVALENT:
* Current: Labyrinth Society of Greater Victoria, November 2015 to Present
* Past: Friends of the Spring Ridge Commons July 2012 to Dec 2013; Transition Victoria Organizing Team 2011 – 2012 Transition Victoria Food Group Coordinator 2010 to 2012 Vancouver Island Vegetarian Association (VIVA) – mid 1990s Victoria Insight Meditation Organizing Team: 2008-2010 Church of Truth, Community of Conscious Living (Treasurer + Spiritual Directions Committee Liaison): 2007 James Bay Sustainability Commons 2008-2009